December 21, 2016 – Press Release – The New York Times today named Climate Action Campaign Executive Director Nicole Capretz as one of the top 10 Californians of the Year.
Capretz is on the list with luminaries such as Elon Musk, Vin Scully, Governor Jerry Brown and Senator Kamala Harris. Capretz is the Founder and Executive Director of the Climate Action Campaign, known for her work crafting the City of San Diego’s groundbreaking, legally binding 100% clean energy Climate Action Plan.
In addition to being named one of the top 10 Californians of the Year, Capretz was named:
- Voice of the Year 2016 for Climate Change by Voice of San Diego
- “Best People of San Diego 2016” – San Diego CityBeat
- Bike Advocate of the Year, San Diego County Bike Coalition
- Leadership Award, San Diego County Democratic Party
- Finalist for San Diego Magazine’s 2016 San Diego Woman of the Year and San Diego Business Journal’s “Women Who Mean Business” Awards.