|Job Title: Communications Associate|
Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is the leading voice in regional climate advocacy. We fight for policies, plans, and programs that advance climate justice at the local and regional level. CAC advocates, organizes, and mobilizes, engaging elected officials, community advocates and organizers, businesses, and environmental allies,to achieve our ambitious climate action agenda. Our team is highly motivated, organized, and data driven.
Position summary: We are looking for an experienced communicator to help us amplify our educational content and creative brand across all content platforms. Our future Communications Associate will leverage the power of storytelling to cultivate relationships with our members, grantors, and decision-makers. A successful applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, capable of leading development efforts with a high degree of independence, while embracing work in a high-profile setting and dedicated to an ambitious mission.
- Communications: Brand development, messaging, storytelling, traditional media (press releases, media alerts, pitching, press events), email campaigns, social media, website content, newsletters and action alerts, and designing and editing infographics.
- Events: Help with social, fundraising, and educational events for members, donors, and the public.
- Relationship Building: Expanding our network to include a multifaceted range of decision-makers, allies, stakeholders, donors, members and volunteers.
- Data: Management and analysis of donor communications impact, and developing strategies to increase impact.
- Community Education and Outreach: Coordinating with and presenting our vision and work to community organizations, businesses, and members.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are top-notch.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
- You’re an analyst who thinks creatively.
- You have at least two years of work experience in communications, ideally with a strong understanding of policy and politics.
- You’re an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
- You’re an organized and motivated worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You’ve got an eye for design and visual details.
- You’re an online master, but you also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You’re committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what we do.
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Show us why you’re different, why you believe you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: CAC Communications Associate.
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.