Job Title: Development Director
Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is the leading voice in regional climate advocacy. We fight for policies, plans, and programs that advance climate justice at the local and regional level. CAC advocates, organizes, and mobilizes, engaging elected officials, community advocates and organizers, businesses, and environmental allies,to achieve our ambitious climate action agenda. Our team is highly motivated, organized, and data driven.
Position summary: We are looking for an experienced non-profit development professional to cultivate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with our network of members, grantors, and business partners. Our future Development Director will create and implement strategies to diversify CAC’s funding sources, serve as the point of contact for member outreach, write and manage grant applications and requirements, and organize CAC events and forums. A successful applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, capable of leading development efforts with a high degree of independence, while embracing work in a high-profile setting and dedicated to an ambitious mission.
- Fundraising: Identify new prospects and creating cultivation plans (including grant writing) for foundations, businesses, and individual funders.
- Events: Plan and execute social, fundraising, and educational events for members, donors, and the public.
- Relationship Building: Expand our network to include a multifaceted range of decision-makers, allies, stakeholders, donors, members and volunteers.
- Data: Manage and analyze donor information, media, outreach impact, and more.
- Community Education and Outreach: Coordinate with and present our vision and work to community organizations, businesses, and members.
You might be a good fit if you:
- You have at least three years of work experience in nonprofit development.
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are top-notch.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
- You’re an analyst who thinks creatively.
- You’re an independent worker who knows how to find solutions, but also knows when to ask for help.
- You’re an organized and motivated worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You’ve got an eye for design and visual details.
- You’re an online master, but you also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You’re committed to the end result, you love what you do and what we do, and you’re ready to fight tooth and nail for a livable, just future
Location: Our office is in University Heights in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Show us why you’re different, why you believe you’re the one. Be creative. Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: CAC Development Director.
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.