100% Clean Energy: Why & How
Two-thirds of San Diego is powered by outdated, polluting fossil fuels. Climate Action Campaign is changing that in a big, 100% clean energy way.
The main path to achieve 100% of our energy from clean, renewable sources like solar requires turning our current energy monopoly system into a system of choice–Community Choice Energy.
Who is going 100%?
The City of San Diego is the largest U.S. city with a binding commitment to go 100% clean energy, and many more around the globe have done the same. Some have even already made the 100% switch!
Cities already at 100%:
- Aspen, CO, Burlington, VT & Greensburg, KS
- Georgetown, TX
- Yakushima, Japan
- Wolfhagen, Germany
- Kisielice, Poland
- Dobbiaco, Italy
- San Diego, CA (100% by 2035)
- Del Mar, CA (100% by 2035)
- Solana Beach, CA (100% by 2035)
- San Jose, CA (100% by 2022)
- San Francisco, CA (100% by 2020)
- Salt Lake City (100% by 2032)
- Vancouver, BC (100% by 2050)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (carbon neutral by 2025)
- Bonaire (100% by 2015)
- Munich, Germany (100% by 2025)
- Isle of Wight, England (100% self-sufficient and renewable by 2020)
- Frankfurt, Germany (Zero carbon emissions by 2050).