Get educated and engaged with the latest climate policy, science, and technology updates and connect with the CAC Team, elite industry experts, elected officials, advocates, businesses, organizations, and other climate warriors at our events, forums, happy hours, rallies, and more. Check out our calendar below to see what's coming up from Climate Action Campaign and other partner organizations.
To view events from other local sister organizations click on Categories and select.
Pacific Beach – Tourmaline Surf Park | Meet near restrooms at edge of parking lot (Coastkeeper hosts)
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Coastkeeper pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is hosted by the San Diego Mayor’s office and is a benefit for TOSS (Tools Organize Successful Students), a non-profit which provides school supplies to students in need. Surfrider Foundation San Diego County is a promotional sponsor and is providing supplies for their cleanup.
Join TOSS and the San Diego Mayor’s office for the Fiesta Island Green Run on Sat, 8/10 to clean the island & jog for a cause! To participate, they are asking for donations of school supplies to go towards disadvantaged students.
Join us to make some beautiful and powerful banners and signs for upcoming youth actions in support of climate action and the green new deal using designs created by high school students.
Have fun, and meet fellow activists! Beginners and all ages welcome – no special artistic skills required. Come for the whole day or any part.
We’ll have paint, brushes, tarps, etc. If you can bring a snack to share with fellow volunteers it will be much appreciated! Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
Down a long driveway – house on the left. Call 619-335-1265 if lost.
Share our Facebook event!
Join us to rally for Community Choice Energy in Chula Vista! We will be with local climate activists to advocate for Chula Vista to lead in establishing a regional CCE program.
Chula Vista City Council will vote to direct staff on how to move forward with Community Choice Energy.
Final Community Choice Energy Feasibility Study released and presented to La Mesa City Council.