Get educated and engaged with the latest climate policy, science, and technology updates and connect with the CAC Team, elite industry experts, elected officials, advocates, businesses, organizations, and other climate warriors at our events, forums, happy hours, rallies, and more. Check out our calendar below to see what's coming up from Climate Action Campaign and other partner organizations.
To view events from other local sister organizations click on Categories and select.
Join Surfrider San Diego’s Blue Water Task Force in the field and discover the importance of coastal water quality and public health. Learn how you can get involved and join our volunteer citizen science program to protect your local beaches and communities. Meet on the north side of the pier on the sand. ALL are welcome!
Meeting will be held at the La Colonia Park Community Center in Solana Beach, CA
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions!
A Presentation, Discussion, and Brainstorming
The transportation sector is the biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions in San Diego. Come learn about and participate in brainstorming on strategies to curb those emissions – through SANDAG’s Regional Transportation Plan and through new funding for improvements to MTS transit services.
The event will be part presentation and part group discussions/brainstorming. The presentations will be given by volunteers from SanDiego350 who will also facilitate the group discussion.
The event will be held at San Diego City College, Math & Social Sciences Building, Room MS 140. Click here to view a map of the campus with the location of the building.
City College is well-served by public transit (routes listed below). So please consider taking transit to this event! Check MTS Trip Planner for schedules.
- Orange line from El Cajon
- Blue line from San Ysidro
- Bus # 2 from North Park
- Bus # 5 from Euclid Transit Center
- Bus # 7 from University Ave & College Ave
- Bus # 12 from Skyline Hills
- Rapid Bus # 215 from SDSU
- Rapid Bus # 225 from the Otay Mesa Transit Center
- Rapid Bus # 235 from the Escondido Transit Station
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This event has a video call.
(US) +1 857-529-6613 PIN: 321002667#
Rep. Scott Peters still refuses to support the Green New Deal. He refuses to reject fossil fuel industry donations. And he refuses to hold a climate town hall.
On Wednesday, Nov 6 he’s holding a limited town hall to discuss how well he’s serving San Diego, with all questions screened in advance. This event, starting at 6 pm Wednesday, will be at University City High School – where hundreds of students walked out last month to demand bold climate action like the Green New Deal.
You can help SanDiego350 tell Peters that his foot-dragging on the climate crisis is not ok.
Join us outside the event to distribute information to attendees and sign up climate action supporters. We will meet in front of the school, 6949 Genesee Ave., at 5 pm Weds, Nov. 6. Doors to the event open at 5:30.
If you are a constituent, please register for Peters’ town hall ASAP and submit a question. You could ask him, for instance, why he prefers small steps to a comprehensive climate action plan with protections for workers and frontline communities.
See you Wednesday! Wear your SD350 t-shirt! (Below: student die in at Rep. Peters’s office)
This event has a Google Hangouts video call.
Join Surfrider Foundation for a beach and street cleanup in Imperial Beach.
Look for the Blue Surfrider Tent where Palm Avenue meets the beach.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Surfrider tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but please bring your own as our supplies are limited. By bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, you help us create zero waste at our cleanups.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup. Preview our data card here.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the Surfrider San Diego County events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org