Get educated and engaged with the latest climate policy, science, and technology updates and connect with the CAC Team, elite industry experts, elected officials, advocates, businesses, organizations, and other climate warriors at our events, forums, happy hours, rallies, and more. Check out our calendar below to see what's coming up from Climate Action Campaign and other partner organizations.
To view events from other local sister organizations click on Categories and select.
The AT&I Committee will be hearing an update on the city's bike program.
SANDAG staff will discuss the bold new vision being developed for the 2021 Regional Plan which will be delivered through 5 Big Moves – key strategies that will outline a path forward that builds upon existing infrastructure, enhances connectivity, increases safety and sustainability, and improves quality of life.
Interested in the Surfrider Foundation San Diego Chapter, but know how to get involved?
Join us for a Surfrider 101. These orientations help you learn more about what our chapter does and what programs you might be interested in!
Sign up here: https://sandiego.surfrider.org/register-2/
We’ve asked Rep. Susan Davis to show us she’s a climate leader by taking three simple steps: 1) cosponsor the Green New Deal; 2) sign the No Fossil Fuel Money pledge; 3) host a town hall meeting on climate change.
But she has yet to take action.
So, as part of the Raise the Alarm Campaign, SanDiego350 is leading rallies outside her office every single Friday, beginning June 7, until she does.
We will continue to Raise the Alarm until the Green New Deal is adopted. There is strength in numbers! Join us, make your voice heard, and help us spread the word.
South Mission Beach | Meet near restrooms by lifeguard tower (Coastkeeper hosts)
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Coastkeeper pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com
Irvine will present the findings of their much anticipated CCE study.