400 B St, Encinitas, CA 92024
UPDATE Thursday, March 12 – The County of San Diego has called for a ban on all special events in San Diego County with 250 or more persons through the end of March 2020. The County of San Diego stated they will reevaluate the ban near the end of March. Additionally, San Diego County recommends events with less than 250 persons should maintain a distance of 6 feet between persons.
Beach and street cleanup at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. Meet next to the restrooms. Bags and gloves will be provided, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable supplies if you have them.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Surfrider tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but please bring your own as our supplies are limited. By bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, you help us create zero waste at our cleanups.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup. Preview our data card here.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the Surfrider San Diego County events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org