San Diego, California
The Youth Climate Action Summit is a one-day event taking place in Hillcrest that will better equip high school students to become climate leaders at their school and in their community.
Youth will gain leadership and teamwork skills, knowledge, and support to effectively influence policy and inspire their peers to take meaningful action on climate change and climate justice.
Please complete these two steps to register for the summit:
- Complete this application form
- Register and pay the fee (fee of $10 includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and materials; we have waivers to cover students who need one so please register asap, regardless of your ability to pay the $10).
Download and share flyers for the Summit! (quarter page, need to be cut)
- Dr. Veerabhadran Ramanathan, Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric and Climate Sciences at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego and United Nations Champion of the Earth.
- Jessica Ng, PhD Student, Scripps Institution of Oceanography & leader with the Center for Interdisciplinary Environmental Justice at UCSD
- Carolina Rodriguez, volunteer, SanDiego350
- Rebecca Rojas, attorney and Board Member, SanDiego350
- Lianna Schechter, organizer with UniteHere Local 30
- Laura Sisk-Hackworth, volunteer, SanDiego350
- Emily Wier, Environmental Policy Advisor, County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher
- High School leaders Aisha Wallace-Palomares (Del Lago Academy), Katelynn Sutton (High Tech High), Leana Cortez (Rancho Buena Vista High School), and Aaron Masikip (Olympian High School)
For more information text Aisha at 760-390-7585.